- Oyster: ok
- Oyster: what the fuck is up with this band called 'fun'
- Oyster: do you know how much i fucking hate this band? what the fuck is going on, are they trolling people?
- me: first of all
- me: the band is called "fun."
- me: with a period.
- me: so
- me: now you know how pretentious they are.
- Oyster: you are actually make me more angry
thanks, Caltrain! WTF am I going to do with 15 dollar coins?
— Mark Bao (@markbao)
Here are things you can do with 15 dollar coins instead of complain about the fact that a ticket vending machine gave you valid American currency:
- SPEND IT.
Because last time i checked, dollar coins were still money that are accepted as legal tender. It’s not like the machine gave you some fucking shards of broken glass. It gave you MONEY.
What kind of asshole with a hyper-inflated sense of self-worth is this? Maybe i won’t get too into that, but you can check out his ego-inflating website here. I do have a couple points though: (1) The way he talks about himself sounds like Mark Fuckerberg’s PR department’s high school intern wrote it. [Direct note to Mark Bao: Please take some writing classes.] (2) He wants to have a net worth of $10 billion. Billion. With a B. Can $10 billion even buy humility?
To be fair, i was an asshole 20-year old too, who hated receiving proper change after making purchases. Machine, you should have just kept my $15 if you’re not going to give it back in my preference of broken bills (2 fives and 5 ones, please).
I hate devil’s advocates (because those assholes are assholes too), but maybe you were just asking advice on how to spend $15:
- Buy a haircut!
- Pay a therapist for some time to help lower your sense of self-worth.
- Give it to someone likely to appreciate $15.
- Walk into a bank and demand that they exchange your money for money.
Ultimately, the question that bothers me most is: How are you going to get to $10 billion if you’re bothered by $15 in dollar coins?
Oh, and here’s a picture of this asshole from his twitter:
FYI, Mark Bao, $15 can buy a decent haircut.
I have nothing funny to say about Blue Bottle coffee… you and I both know it’s fucking delicious.
Time to unfollow. Because when someone wants to be a coffee snob:
- Jenbo: one time, eric called me and we had a conversation and he said "wait, this isn't jess?" and i said it was me and he HUNG UP
- Phuong: HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
- WHO DOES THAT?
- Jenbo: ERIC.
- Phuong: how could he not tell your voices apart??
- Jenbo: i don't know!
- Phuong: ugh, i'm posting this on tumblr.