- Chelsea: what time for the thing today?
- Phuong: what thing today? what day of the week do you think today is?
- Chelsea: OH MAN.
- Phuong: [Person] has got me all bummed out now
- Phuong: ugh
- Jenn: why
- Phuong: i wish i were bulimic so i could just go throw up and feel better.
- Jenn: lol
- Phuong: or a smoker so i could have a cigarette and feel better.
- Phuong: or an alcoho—
- Phuong: oh
- Phuong: i need a beer.
- Me: why does your music always play so loud and for so long every morning
- Roommate: Because i oversleep if it's quieter. I think i need to change my arrangement again.
- Me: what does "Arrangement" mean? and aren't you oversleeping anyway if the alarms go off for 30-45 minutes every morning?
- Roommate: I'll probably burn a cd with rap of something else that will actually horrify me awake. And i meant oversleeping so that i miss work.
Recently, i had a dream that woke me up at 5:25 and kept me awake for a while before i could forget and fall back asleep. I thought this would be short, but it ended up being not:
I was at my old high school, though it didn’t really look like my old high school. It was dark out, and we approached a large steel beam tower, kind of like a pylon—tall, but not so tall that i couldn’t clearly make out the top of it. Probably about 100 feet.
I had my teenage nephews with me and i was telling them about how this tower had different kinds of spiders in it that did different things depending on the type/color. Just then, a half blue/half red spider walked out. It was hairy, and large enough to be able to have its colors made out. I recognized this as a dangerous type of spider and urged the boys to get out of the way of the spider when it jumped.
We positioned ourselves away from the direction it was aiming, and it crawled around to the other side, but when it jumped, it landed directly on my arm.
I woke up and quickly threw the blanket off me, brushing my body and legs with my hands to make sure there was no spider on me. In the dark of my room, i thought i saw a spider perched atop my blanket pile, but managed to calm myself down enough to just lie back. I couldn’t decide if i wanted to have the blanket back on me for fear that the spider would be nestled inside, but ultimately deemed it necessary as a shield from spiders that existed outside the blanket.